Friday, May 28, 2010

Bouncing back from the big drain of 2010...

After many long discussions with multiple artist friends I have realized how taxing negative people can be to me and therefore my artwork. I'm exceptionally sensitive and put a lot of energy out in my relationships, job(s), and artwork. My frustration stems from the fact that I don't receive back half the energy I give out. Whether intentional or unintentional certain relationships in the past year have really left me drained. My work ethic for studio time has been slim to none as has my creativity. The big shift in priorities came one month ago when I found out my grandma was in hospice. Two weeks later she passed away. She was a tremendous person and amazing artist. In losing her I feel that I need to get back to what is important and not let outside forces affect my creativity. In fact I feel best when I'm making artwork. In the past three days I have put my energy towards the positive and in that small span of time I have a new gallery that will be carrying my work and I think I might get into a show that is very important to me. If that took only three days, can you imagine what will happen by the end of summer? I'll keep you posted...

No comments: