Monday, April 04, 2011

Goals for 2011

This year was off to a bumpy start but I'm taking it with stride and looking forward to the remainder of the year. I suppose this post should not be limited to this year. These goals are more long term than that.

1. Travel more.
Whether solo or with a partner in crime. Lots to see. I usually get homesick a few days after being on the road. This year's NYC trip was the first time I did not experience that feeling.

2. Become a better artist.
I'm not only dedicating my time to making more art but to continually get better at my craft. Not everything I make is great but its a constant process of streamlining and discovering my voice.

3. Apply for residencies.
This is a combo of goals 1 & 2. Traveling while making art. How could I go wrong?!

4. Gain gallery representation outside of Ohio.
I definitely lack in this area. I have not had the time to dedicate to this task. But with less summer shows its time to take charge!

5. Focus on the present.
I can be an anxious soul. Cart before horse. I need to focus on what I need to get done day to day. Not month to month. I tend to get ahead of myself and become overwhelmed.

No comments: