Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've been a bad artist...

2010 has started out with me having zero motivation. After a tiring 2009 full of participating in shows and organizing a few I think I have gone above and beyond the term slacker. I've made some new stuff. Other than that I'm finding it next to impossible to get my arse in gear.

I have this feeling like I want to go off the grid. All of the stuff that comes with marketing artwork makes that impossible. Twitter, blogging, Facebook. Its a social media overload. At the end of the day I crave real human interaction and end up going out and spending too much money. Its a bad cycle.

I'm hoping that in March I get it together. This involves getting the web shop and the etsy shop updated and finished. More time on the computer. Bliss. And more time in the studio which I am thankful for. In addition I hope to try to break some bad habits. I'll keep you posted on that. Wish me luck. Send thoughts of motivation my way.

No comments: