Wednesday, July 07, 2010


The Glamourous Life of An Artist???

Yesterday I spent my early evening having my photo taken for a local magazine. The article is about the Screw Factory/Lake Erie Building. Picture me wheel throwing in 95+ degree weather in a studio that gets the lovely western sun. This shoot was of course during the hottest time of day. I could feel the sweat dripping off my face into the cup I was throwing. I continued to break a sweat posing with a vase and a bowl. Just standing there I thought I was going to pass out. I asked if she could Photoshop out the sweat and heatstroke. I wasn't joking although I think perhaps she didn't think so.

But all press is good press, right? We'll see what happens in September. I'll post the link whenever it comes out. Maybe.

This weekend I sweat it out throwing more bowls for the Lakewood Arts Festival. Its crunch time as I have the Pittsburgh show next weekend. At least 2 more glaze firings await and I need to get items boxed, tagged, etc. And a few need to have a photo shoot this weekend. No matter how far you plan ahead sometimes the unforeseen (like the glorious Cleveland weather) bites you in the arse.

On the brightside I like to think I'm sweating off some weight.

No comments: